Friday, March 4, 2011

WSOP Circuit at Harrahs Rincon in San Diego, Ca is BAAACK 2011 Part 1

Its that time of the year when the WSOP comes around to my back yard a long with my hopes, illusions, and delusions. This will be my 3rd year playing this event and my 4th series that I've played at. I know I have improved a great deal each time I have played. I can even say I made very good improvements from my last event I played at the WSOPC in Chicago till today.

This past year I didn't play as many live tournaments as did the previous years. I know I needed to learn more about poker its self. What good is it to be able to get reads on players if my Poker Hand reading skills needed a lot of work. So I played thousands of hands online like Super Turbos, Rush MTT's, SnG's, Double Stack and Deepstacks MTT's, and different buy ins. I got a chance to work with Tristan Wade,  The Grinder, and Alex Outhred. Can't even begin to thank The OPT for all the help, support and great advice.  I wanted to get good at reading flops and more important playing them correctly.

The results have exceeded my own expectations. It's been a work in progress and I've put a LOT of work to get there. All I need now is to put it into effect. I tell myself "I'M THE BEST" all the time to pump myself up and get motivated, but this year its different. I'm digging deep and going way back...I mean waaay back to my Drill Sergeant who used to say to me when I was in the Army "You know what to do. Now its time to MAKE IT HAPPEN".




So MAKE IT HAPPEN and SHIP IT!

-Angel 'gijoe' Valdez

No comments:

Post a Comment