Thursday, May 5, 2011

WSOP Circuit Event No 2 Other noteable hands

I didn't want to make the other post to long so I decided to break it up in two for those that care to read more about my hand history, tells I saw, etc

JJ on the Buton: I was on the button in seat #4. The Small Blind was in seat 5. I had JJ and normally I'll do a standard 3xbb from here. As I reached for some chips I noticed out of the corner of my eye the Small Blind look at his cards. He was a heavy set man... yes more then me. I decided to take an extra longer pause to see his reaction to me stacking chips to bet. It didn't take long when the man began to breath very heavy. Almost looked like his chest was going to blow up. I knew then he had a monster. At that time I felt I didn't need to make it 3xbb so I min bet that. I really dislike doing this in position. As I dropped the chips in front of me he moves all in.  He didn't hesitate to do so, but no sooner then he said all in the Big Blind in Seat 6 which I could not see insta-calls the all in. Now my JJ is looking really weak so I open folded them. I got the "Oh how could you fold" and "You folded Jacks!!!" by some weak players, and "good fold" by the solid players. SB flips over KK, and the BB turns over AK. KK holds and I would have bricked. For the first time in a live game I laid down a big hand pre-flop by going with my read.

Laying down this hand has given me great deal of confidence for last night in the Mini Ftops #24 I ran into similar situation holding QQ. The players had not played a pot in over 30 hands. Player 1 raises 3xbb, player 2 moves all in, I fold, player 1 calls all in. AA vs KK and AA wins. Easy fold but don't think I would have made that fold had I not experience the above hand in a live game.

AdKc vs my AcKd: I was in the big blind when the button raised 3xbb. Something about the player told me to look out. He was sitting in seat 1 directly in front of me. Before he looked at his cards he was bobbing his head up and down to the sound of his music. This player had those noise reducing head phones and was enjoying them a great deal. This all changed the second he looked at his cards. He stopped the player, stopped bobbing his head and took a big look at his chips. Thats a warning sign. So I decided I was going to play this with caution and keep the pot small. I just smooth called his bet. Flop AsXdXd. I check/call his bet. Turn brings another diamond. and we Check Check. River another Diamond. Now I really don't like my hand. He throws out a 2xbb bet and is staring at my chips. I know he wants me to raise so I just smooth call to confirm my tells. All though I have the Kd I am to to happy about my hand. He's either got pocket AA, AdQd and for sure the Ad and is trying to trap me.

No comments:

Post a Comment